You have no items in your shopping cart.
Orchid Plugs are commonly used to propagate orchids by both Keiki and from seed. Many say this is a difficult process but in truth, it’s not.
All that is required is consistent conditions which can be made easier with a plug. Plugs hold a good amount of moisture while still providing aeration to the root zone which is critical to prevent rot.
Orchid shoots are typically still connected to the mother plant when they form which is how they are getting their nutrients and moisture, even when roots appear if you cut too early it will die.
Wrapping a plug with rooting hormone and nutrients around the keiki will accelerate this process and make sure it has a smoother transition to tray, flask or mini greenhouse.
Overwatering tender new roots will drown or rot them, our plugs will have consistent moisture from top to bottom which you can easily feel. This will help you manage how much water to use.
Our plugs will not rot around the base of your plant or create a stagnant zone either.
When orchids are big enough to repot, the plug does not need to be removed, simply fill a container with your favorite mix and put plug in the center.
Boca Hydro Orchid Plugs are available in 4 different formulas depending on your preference, Original ( fir bark ) Pine bark, Coco Peat, and 100% Coco Coir.
- 100% Fir Bark plugs specifically designed for the rooting structure and aeration requirements of all orchid species.
- Our plugs have binding agents naturally found in fir bark, not like other brands who use synthetic polymers and silicone to hold their plugs.
- Our plugs are true PH Neutral with added organic micronutrients, Pre innoculated with beneficial fungi (Mycorhizzae) which will keep your roots clean so they can absorb minerals better and composed of composted organic ingredients!
- Perfect Air to Water Ratio means no risk of overwatering and good air flow to critical areas, this promotes stronger roots, faster starts and healthier faster growing plants !
- Soil Free no mess plugs transplant easy and increase growing success!
- Your success with our products is important to us. If you are unhappy for any reason please return unused plugs and we will refund you.
Fits all standard 2" Cell trays both round or square